Final Brazil Links!
* I mentioned that my sister Lillie has an amazing blog – recently, she spent a year traveling the world (Japan, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Ghana, Italy, Portugal, Spain…) and became a pretty big travel blogger in the process. She’s back teaching 7th grade English now, but somehow her site is still in the top 100 travel blogs in the world! Definitely check this out if you're planning on traveling any time soon!
* Here's some footage from a crazy bike race down a favela in Rio:
* Want the track list for "Tchauzinho" (the mix CD)? Just look below...
5 Brazil flicks to watch:
1) “Black Orpheus” (the 1959 version – not the 1999 one)
2) “City of God” (2002) – the best Brazilian movie ever?
3) “The Elite Squad” – aka, “Tropa de Elite” (2007)
-The final two are both based on true events
-FYI, they're also both *incredibly* graphic…
4) "City of Men" – a TV series (2002-05) and movie (2007) based on "City of God"
5) "Central Station" (1998) – a gorgeous look at Brazil – part comedy, part drama
* A pretty cool travel article on the Cidade Maravilhosa – Rio de Janeiro